Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Rumor Mill

This will be very, very interesting. The word on the block is that Ray Benzino and Dave Mays are completely serious about this return to glory – we know this. But according to RadarOnline, these guys are about to get it poppin' with their new magazine. In the latest developments, it is rumored that they are going to re-join Mimi Valdes, the former Source employee who was recently let go from VIBE magazine, and Wendy Williams, the queen of radio (or something like that). Let me tell you all something: this might work. Apparently, Hip-Hop Weekly was a working title and the new name is The Truth. Not sure about the title, but with Mimi on the edits and Wendy doing the gossip, this is a force to be reckoned with. I know this wasn't easy to make happen, because several words have been exchanged between Mimi and Zino, but it would seem that everybody has made their peace. No statements have been made to confirm but I think we will all be talking about this soon because rumor has it this mag will launch in the Fall. I'm anxious to see how this comes out and, of course, I'll be scouring it for rumors! Being the Jay-Z fan that I am, I have to say that I believe I've stumbled over some new information for you Hip-Hop lovers. First, I've been informed that Jay-Z's album is going to be called President, which certainly suggests he's not leaving his post anytime soon. Moving right along, I hear its dropping November 21 and it’s going to be on Roc-A-Fella, y'all! Am I right? Now, others say it’s going to be on November 14 and have a different album title, but I'm sticking with the information I already have. I don't know why, but it sure sounds right to me. Nas and Jay in two months? Yeah, Nas said he's dropping on November 7, but a birdie at Def Jam told me that it won't be until December. And after that, I supposed we'll get the homey Kanye and Jeezy? Can we handle this as Hip-Hop lovers? I don't know, but the year is finishing strong!

No comments: